A Woman’s success starts with the right Attitude
August is always a special month as we celebrate women’s achievements in South Africa. We must however remember that there is a lot of work that still needs to be done by women in leadership. South Africa is ready for a rare breed of young women who can lead with a standard of excellence. One thing amongst many that can help us achieve a standard of excellence is to focus on ATTITUDE. Our attitude towards our careers and life in general can make or break us, hence the success of our leadership journey starts with the attitude we have towards life. There is certainly a strong correlation between success and your attitude.
“The great thing about an attitude is that it’s yours and you can change it” Joyce Meyer.
- Your life should not necessarily be a puzzle. Live a purposeful life by having SMART goals of what you really want and a will power to achieve those goals.
- Refuse to entertain limiting beliefs.
- Honestly believe in yourself and your abilities.
- We are all unique hence it is important to focus on your strengths and not your weakness.
- In order to lead other people, the starting point is by effectively leading yourself. You can however not lead yourself if you don’t understand yourself. One important question to ask yourself is “How well do I understand myself”.
- Don’t fear the unknown, approach life with boldness and confidence.
- Choose to have a positive attitude.
- Celebrate your milestones.
- Refuse to lead blindly ensure that you are trained on leadership development.
- Identify someone who can mentor you.
An excellent rare breed of young woman is out their waiting to climb the corporate ladder, to build sustainable businesses and be firmly entrenched in their leadership positions. Chose to focus on your attitude as a starting point.
“Excellence is not a skill, it’s an attitude” Ralph Marston.